Up to the TUG homepage
Up to Converters from PC Textprocessors to LaTeX - Overview
rtf2latex2e is a utility to convert RTF files from popular
to the LaTeX2e format.
rtf2latex2e uses the RTF reader (external link) package by Paul DuBois to parse the RTF code and generates an appropriate LaTeX (external link) file.
rtf2latex2e was developed on under Mac OS X but should compile
under any Unix variant.
Windows users should compile under something like MinGW or use the precompiled binary in the ...-Win package.
rtf2latex2e is distributed along with the source code under the GNU General Public License (external link).
The main features of rtf2latex2e are:
1. detects text style: bold, italic, color, big,
2. reads embedded figures: PICT, EMF, GIF, TIFF, WMF, PNG, JPEG
3. reads tables: simple to semi-complex
4. equations: converts embedded MathType equations
5. symbols: converts most greek and math symbols
6. reads footnotes (not in tables yet)
7. translates hyperlinks using the hyperref package
8. converted latex file uses utf8
9. supports codepages 1250, 1251, 1252, 1254, mac, NeXt
10. converts RTFD (rtf directories)
11. extended preferences
12. internal document page references
13. save all converted files in a separate directory
The latest version of rtf2latex2e can be found here (external link).
(c) Ujwal Sathyam 1999, Scott Prahl 2011